The concept of the Rukmani Amar Aangan is quite familiar today. It has been happily noted in surveys that the social attitude towards old age homes has changed for the positive.
The idea is now accepted without stigma or pity. In fact, many middle class families neither neglect nor abandon their parents. Often, when working professionals have to relocate, their parent choose not to move with them. They prefer to live in their own city/country and see their children when they visit. This dignity of choice and preference is the basis ofthe respect we accord to our seniors at Rukmani Amar Aangan.
Rukmani Amar Aangan has been set up with the aim of providing home comforts and peace of mind to seniors seeking peace and calm. It is to be run as a non profit institution by the Radhakishen Rukmini Devi Poddar Charitable Trust, a family run social service trust formed to help give back to the society in small ways this is the first work to provide shelter to people of advanced years who feel stressed out by the daily hassles and troubles of life. The aim is to make them feel they are truly at HOME though in a different residence. Their stay at Senior Citizen Homewill free them from various worries and pressures and find them a new life with all the basic comforts and care essential for them. They will never feel that Rukmani Amar Aangan is a punishment transfer of residence because they have been rejected by society.
It is well known fact that many NRIs have their parents or relatives staying alone in Kolkata or other places in India. Most probably they are a worried group who themselves are helpless for being unable to give company and are left worrying about their near and dear ones in the matter of giving them a SECURED as well as comfortable life without the feeling of loneliness. There are only a very few old age homes who can cater to old people of this group. We are confident to cater this group who have resources but are unable to look after themselves effectively.
- 24 air-conditioned, 6 non air-conditioned, fully furnished rooms, with attached bathroom and geyser, all rooms are Vaastu compliant to the best of our ability.
- Each room includes single/double bed, bed-side table, wardrobe, flat screen TV with Tata Sky, Wifi connectivity, safe deposit box, intercom and provision for a small refrigerator.
- Kohler bathroom fittings, Spanish anti-skid floor and wall tiles.
- Two way switches for easy mobility.
- Emergency call bell in the toilet.
- Fully compliant fire fighting system.
- Full generator back-up, except air-conditioners and refrigerator.
- Room, bathroom cleaning once a day.
- Common area, kitchen, dining rooms and recreation rooms cleaned twice a day.
- Linen facility- bed sheets, pillow covers changed weekly.
- Laundry on payment, at subsidised rate; washing, drying or ironing is not allowed in the room.
- Dedicated web station with seamless broadband connectivity for live interaction with your family.
- AV room for movie screenings, organised every fortnight.
- Games room for indoor recreational activities, including board games and table.
- Birthday and anniversary celebrations.
- Musical,cultural and festive programmes organised periodically.
- Yoga, meditation, Gardening, Walking path & Daily newspaper.
- Doctor's visit once a fortnight.
- Ambulance facility & Emergency medical services, on payment.
- Emergency medical department containing life saving fist aid devices like fibrillator supported by qualified medical staff.
- Doctors room will have physiotheraphy facility, a therapist will come everyday and service can be used on subsidised payment .
- Nutritionist and diet specialist.
- In-house first aid arrangements.
- An example of sustainable eco friendly architecture.
- Organic waste water recycling
- Rain water harvesting
- Natural Light enhancing construction/ cfl / led lighting/ motion automated switches for common areas and corridors.
- Insulated Windows and panes to reduce cooling /heating costs.
- Facility for Family members to stay for short periods of time and participate in activities and life of seniors.
- Community gathering spaces outdoors.
- Organic Food Production and restaurant .
- A childrens park to encourage families to visit and spend time with guests.
- A zen like garden with water bodies to walk in and encourage nature in surroundings.
- Beauty salon and Pharmacy on call.
- Organic Food Restaurant
- Temple with priest.
Opening on 15 November 2013
CELEBRATION OF SINIOR CITIZEN DAY AT RUKMANI AMAR AANGAN with the retired officers of "Steel Authority Of India Ltd" on 8th October 2017, Sunday.
Diwali Celebration 2017
Rukmani Amar Aangan in a larger map
Rukmani Amar Aangan
Please use the form below to get in touch with us.